Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Like a Breath of Fresh Air

Last night as I was tucking Captain Awesome into bed and giving him his nightly eight kisses and an eight-second hug, I noticed how good he smelled.  It was fresh, clean, soapy goodness.....more so than usual.

Me:  You smell good tonight!

Captain Awesome:  That's because it's Tuesday.

And with that, the conversation was over.  At least in his mind.

Me (with an obviously dumb look):  Huh?  

Captain Awesome:  It's my system.  In the shower.  You know, my shower system.

(I tilt my head left, then right, like a curious puppy.)

Captain Awesome (after a big sigh):  On Monday I scrub my left arm.  Twice.

On Tuesday I scrub my left arm and my right arm.  Twice.

On Wednesday I scrub my left arm and my right arm and my belly.  Twice.

On Thursday I scrub my left arm and my right arm and my belly and my right leg.  Twice.

On Friday I scrub my left arm and my right arm and my belly and my right leg and my left leg.  Twice.

If you think I smell good now, wait until Friday.

1 comment:

Rebecca @ Sink or Swim said...

I'm sorry buy that is one of the funniest things ever! At least his arms are really clean!